If you have applied for an interview in a lot of companies and have not been called yet then the drawback is of your resume. The resume with keywords that explain the type of job you are searching and the right phrases that would highlight your right skills. To create a good impression on the interviewer the first step is to have an appealing resume, the right type of resume with the nest of the keywords and phrases would help you win the contest with hands down. The keywords and the phrases highlight your level of experience and skill, the resume would include keywords such as develop, asset, growth, determination, etc. there are a few examples given below:
Job Titles. Your job title may be a software engineer, mechanical engineer, journalist, psychologist, administrator, human rights manager, accountant, etc.
Skills and Job Responsibilities. Software programmer or developer, project manager, research and development manager, accounts manager, technical support, mainframe, microprocessor developer, etc.
Education or Certification. B.Tech. Information Technology, M.S. Solid and Fluid mechanics, Bachelor of Science in visual communication, network and cybercrime, PH.D. in mathematics, Bachelor of Business Administration, commerce, etc.
When you submit your resume the application tracking system on the internet would search for the best resumes and organize them in the highest rated to lowest rated order. Now the manager from the hiring dept. would analyze the best of the keywords and phrases which highlight the right type of skill required for the particular job. The person who wants to hire candidates would search the right candidate from the keywords. Suppose there are some keywords that are compulsory but the searcher would add his keywords also to search appropriately. So the better keywords you use and the more of them the better for you.
Now after the searcher has filed his keywords, then according to the highest no. of keywords matched the search engine would show the results in descending order i.e. from the highest matched keyword to the lowest matched keyword. Therefore using proper keyword and more use of them is more necessary than the use of less relevant keywords. This would increase the rating of your resume and would let you stand out of the crowd.
Make sure you see that you include a keyword summary and make use of the keywords from the start to the end of your resume. The resume tracking system would become efficient day by day but the employees also need to catch up. The variation on the keywords is necessary but the variation must be included on the right side, suppose if you have included the keyword Bachelor of technology then does not make the variation to B.Tech.
The right type of keyword summary would lead you to the best resume and to do so follow the steps given below:
- The keywords in the job title and the skills or education are very important to enable the easy search of your resume. This would help the hiring manager to search for the right person.
- Make sure you have highlighted all the keywords in your resume so that you know how many have you used and are they the right ones. Do this in your word document or manually.
- The keywords that you have used make a note of them and analyze the tense used in them.
- Now that you know all the keywords that you have used and their type, make a keyword summary from it.
- Make use of common keywords to define the right type of skill such as TCP/IP, C, C++, etc. These are the commonly used keywords in different fields of the job so their short form must be known worldwide.
- Make sure each keyword is identified separately by using separators such as commas. Make sure your resume is neat.
- Search for the places where you can add extra keyword anywhere in your resumes such as job title, skills and job responsibilities and education or certification. Make sure you have used different types of keywords and phrases in different sections; the repetition is not a good sign. The same could be done in your covering letter and add vital information in it.