8. Use terminology or buzzwords: Buzzwords are highly effective weapons to represent your familiarity with particular topic. If you can use the right words regarding the post they will know that you have former experience in this field.
9. Do not go to much detail: Do not waste too much time after telling them how deep your knowledge is abut a topic, it will only help the employer to omit the other sections. With the limited amount of time they will spend reviewing your resume try to present as much relevant topics as possible.
10. Know what to skip: It's common that the candidates will have screen-out points. These factors raise further questioning and leave a negative impact. For example, if you have worked for another company previously but the duration was much short, skip it unless it may make it look like you lack commitment and like changing places too often. So, present the positives and mitigate all negative points.
11. Give them what they want: When applying for a job online find out the keywords they used or the words they have stressed on. Use those words to optimize your resume with their requirements.
12. Use references: Using references doesn't mean going through someone influential here, but if you have experience working for or with anyone important, try to include it there. Say, you have rendered service to a reputable person, a minister or chairman of an institution, in this case try to uplift the weight of your resume by including their names.
13. Submit to the potential employers: Don't overlook any opportunity. Even though a job looks a bit below average to you, do not waste your chances. May be it will appear to be better once you step in. It may also enrich your experience and reveal more opportunities later on.
14. Make it comprehensible: The presentation of the resume is vital. Make it easy to the eyes and the employers should find everything at the right place when they go through. Leave enough spaces and do not make it longer than 2 pages.
15: Revise your resume: It's not unusual to miss a few points or leave some technical mistakes or typos while writing a resume. These can be killing factors if went unnoticed. So when it comes to such an important juncture of your life, don't take any chance; revise the resume and if needed let others check it for you. Also try seeking advices from the experienced forerunners.
Resume writing demands a lot of research, skills and smart thinking, but when you are familiar with the tips and tricks of writing a winning resume it's made simple.